Mavs Launch "DFW Digs Dirk" Week July 1-8
JULY 1, 2010 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DALLAS -- The free agency period has begun and the Dallas Mavericks have launghed "DFW Digs Dirk" week in an effort to show Nowitzki that Dallas is the best and only city for him. Beginning today, the Mavs are asking all fans to show Dirk why they love him and want him to stay with the team.
- DIRK MERCHANDISE - Starting today until July 31st, Mavs fan shops (AAC Fan Shop, The Ultimate Fan Shop at NorthPark Center and Shops at Willow Bend) and mavsgear.com will have a 41% discount on all Nowitzki merchandise and purchases will include a free Dirk 20,000th point poster.
The newly created DFW Digs Dirk t-shirt is also on sale now for $14.99. Fans will receive a free bottle of shoe polish with each purchase to decorate their cars. Fans can submit photos/video of their cars to email@example.com. The best decorated car will receive a prize from mavgear.com/
- DFWDigsDirk.com - The Mavs have created a special splash page on mavs.com to encourage Mavs fans to unite and urge Dirk to stay with the team. Fans can post a message on the site telling him why he should stay with the Mavs.
- DIRK'S TOP TEN MOMENTS AS A MAVERICK - Fans can go do dfwdigsdirk.com and see some of the top moments of Dirk's career including being named MVP in 2007, scoring his 20,000th point, scoring 50 points in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals in 2006, surpassing Rolando Blackman to become the Mavericks' all-time leading scorer and starting the 2010 NBA All-Star Game at Cowboys Stadium in front of a record crowd of 108,713.
- 1900 NORTH AKARD - 1900 North Akard (building located on the Western edge of the Arts District) will display "DFW Digs Dirk" in their light exhibit, which is normally reserved for holidays or when the Mavs or Stars win. Fans can see the display starting July 1st. It will be up until July 8th (not including the 4th of July weekend).
- DFW DIGS DIRK SONG - Fans can go to dfwdigsdirk.com to hear the brand new DFW Digs Dirk mix. The original track, composed by Ben Rogers (lyrics) and Kristopher "Cho" Flagg (instrumentals), is a tribute to Dirk.
- DALLAS MAYOR LEPPERT'S PROCLAMATION - The Mayor of Dallas, Tom Leppert, will issue a proclamation extending special recognition to Dirk, once Nowitzki has resigned with the team.