- 1984 Set the team record low with 0 steals.
- 1989 The NBA activated Roy Tarpley from the suspended list.
- 1989 Placed James Donaldson on IR with a torn patellar tendon in his right knee.
- 1990 Sam Perkins had 45 points, the 32nd time a Mavs player had 40+ points and the only time Perkins had 40+ points with Dallas.
- 1992 Released Tom Garrick.
- 1994 Fired VP of Basketball Operations Rick Sund.
- 2002 Avery Johnson suffered a bruised left calf. He would miss the rest of the season due to the injury.
- 2003 Activated Walt Williams and placed Evan Eschmeyer on IR with a sore right knee. Williams had missed 13 days (seven games) with a strained left hamstring. Eschmeyer stayed on IR the last three games of the season.
- 2006 Signed a contract extension with radio 103.3 ESPN through 2008-2009 for broadcasting Dallas games.
- 2007 Signed Kevin Willis for the rest of the season.
- 2008 Activated Jamaal Magloire and placed Josh Howard on IL with a sore right knee. Magloire had been on IL for two days (one game) (no injury). Howard would be activated one day (one game) later.
- 2010 After missing three games with an oblique strain, Shawn Marion returned to the linup and recorded his third 20-point game in Dallas' 117-94 win over the Los Angeles Clippers. Marion had 21 points (9-12 FGs, 3-3 FTs) in 26 minutes of action.
- 2014 Swingman Vince Carter passed former Maverick Adrian Dantley for 25th place on the NBA's all-time scoring list.
- 2014 With a 101-98 win against Phoenix, the Mavs clinched a playoff berth. It is the team's 19th trip to the postseason and their 13th in the last 14 years.
- Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her website (www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.