- 1982 Finished the 1981-1982 season with a record of 28-54.
- 1984 Defeated Seattle 88-86 in first ever playoff game.
- 1988 Fat Lever (Den) had a triple-double with 25 points, 19 rebounds, and 13 assists. It was the 16th time a Mavs opponent had a triple-double and the second of three times Lever had a triple-double against Dallas.
- 1990 Activated Brad Davis.
- 1990 Released Mark Wade.
- 1998 Finished the 1997-1998 season with a record of 20-62.
- 1998 Shaquille O'Neal (LAL) had 43 points, the 46th time a Mavs opponent had 40+ points and the third of four times O'Neal had 40+ points against Dallas.
- 1999 Activated Bruno Sundov and placed Robert Pack on IR with a torn ligaments in his left shoulder. Sundov had missed 19 days (eight games) with tendinitis in his left wrist. Pack missed the rest of the season due to his injury.
- 2000 Activated Gary Trent and placed Rodrick Rhodes on IR with a dislocated right index finger. Trent, on IR since 1/25/00 with a strained left groin, did not play the last two games of the season. He was activated so that he could serve a one-game suspension stemming from an incident 1/25/00. Rhodes missed the last two games of the season.
- 2002 Steve Nash did not play in the second half of the Phoenix game due to a sore back (it was the last game of the season, and a meaningless game).
- 2002 Finished the 2001-2002 season with a record of 57-25.
- 2006 With San Antonio's win over Utah, Dallas was locked into the # four seed. [Dallas had the 2nd best record in the Western Conference, but the three division winners got the first, second and third seeds.]
- 2007 The NBA suspended ref Joey Crawford indefinitely, including for the rest of the season and playoffs, for inappropriate acts and being a repeat offender. Crawford had ejected Tim Duncan (San Antonio) from the 4/15/07 Dallas-San Antonio game for simply laughing.
- 2007 Activated Erick Dampier and Maurice Ager and placed Jerry Stackhouse (rest) and Dirk Nowitzki (rest) on IL. Dampier was on IL for two days (one game) for rest. Ager was on IL for two days (one game) (no injury). Stackhouse was activated one day (one game) later. Nowitzki was activated one day (one game) later.
- 2007 Erick Dampier did not play in the Golden State game due to a strained right shoulder.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.