- 1985 Rolando Blackman had the Mavs' first 40-plus scoring game in the playoffs (43 points)
- 1987 Finished the 1986-1987 season with a record of 55-27. 55 wins was the first time Dallas won 50+ games.
- 1989 Rory Sparrow (Mia) had a triple-double with 24 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists. It was the 19th time a Mavs opponent had a triple-double.
- 2000 Gary Trent served his one-game suspension during the Lakers game. Trent was suspended for going into Golden State's locker room to confront Vonteego Cummings after Cummings was ejected 1/25/00. Trent had been on IR since the suspension was handed down.
- 2000 Shaquille O'Neal (LAL) had a 20-20 with 38 points and 20 rebounds. It was the 27th time a Mavs opponent had a 20-20 and the third of three times O'Neal had a 20-20 against Dallas. It was the 50th time a Mavs opponent had 20+ rebounds and the third of three times O'Neal had 20+ rebounds against Dallas.
- 2001 Finished the 2000-2001 season with a record of 53-29. It was Dallas' first winning season since 1989-1990.
- 2002 A blood clot was found in Avery Johnson's left calf after an MRI exam. He would have been out for at least 3 weeks and, as a result, he was left off the playoff roster.
- 2005 The NBA suspended Vlade Divac (LAL) for two games for his intentionally thrown elbow that connected with Shawn Bradley's chin during the 4/17/05 Dallas-LA Lakers game.
- 2007 Activated Jerry Stackhouse and Dirk Nowitzki and placed Maurice Ager and Pops Mensah-Bonsu on IL. Stackhouse was on IL for one day (one game) for rest. Nowitzki was on IL for one day (one game) for rest. Ager and Mensah-Bonsu were on IL for the last game of the season.
- 2007 Kevin Willis became the oldest Mavs to appear in a game at 44 years, 7 months, and 12 days old.
- 2007 Finished the 2006-2007 regular season with a record of 67-15, the best record in team history and tied for sixth best record in NBA history.
- 2010 Dallas defeats San Antonio 100-94 to win game one of the first round of the NBA Playoffs. The Mavs were paced by a game-high 36 points from Dirk Nowitzki and a double/double (13 points, 11 assists) from Jason Kidd.
- 2011 Tyson Chandler finishes third in 2011 NBA Defensive Player-of-the-Year voting behind Dwight Howard of Orlando and Kevin Garnett of Boston.
- 2012 With his first 3-pointer of the game (1,784th career) at the 11:22 mark of the second quarter against the Houston Rockets, Jason Terry passed Chauncey Billups (1,783) for fourth place on the NBA's all-time 3-point field goals made list. He went 3-for-6 from beyond the arc and finished the game with 1,786 career triples.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.