- 1985 In the first round of the playoffs, Portland defeated Dallas 115-113 to take the series 3-1 and eliminate Dallas from the playoffs.
- 1986 In the first round of the playoffs, Dallas defeated Utah 117-113 to take the series 3-1 and advance to the second round.
- 1986 Brad Davis set a then NBA playoff record in shooting 5-5 3-pointers.
- 2004 Dirk Nowitzki was named to the All-NBA 3rd team. Nowitzki received 145 points in the voting.
- 2005 The NBA fined head coach Avery Johnson $10,000 for failing to leave the court in a timely manner following Game 1 vs Houston on 4/23/05.
- 2006 Avery Johnson was named as NBA Coach of the Year. Johnson received 63 of a possible 124 media first place votes and had a total of 419 points. Mike D'Antoni (Phoenix) was second in the voting with 247 points and 27 first place votes.
- 2007 Activated Maurice Ager and placed Kevin Willis on IL. Ager was on IL for three days (two games) (no injury). Willis was activated four days (two games) later.
- 2008 Activated Jose Barea and placed Antoine Wright (no injury) on IL. Barea had been on IL for six days (two games) (no injury). Wright would remain on IL for the rest of the playoffs five days, three games).
- 2011 Dallas defeated Portland 93-82 to take a 3-2 series lead in the first round of the 2011 NBA Western Conference playoffs.
- 2015 Mavs Head Coach Rick Carlisle was fined $25,000 by the NBA for criticizing the officials after Dallas' loss to Houston in Game Three of the NBA playoffs first round.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.