- 1980 First overtime win in franchise history as Dallas defeated San Diego 112-109.
- 1985 Sam Perkins had a 20-20 with 31 points and 20 rebounds. It was the first time a Mavs player had a 20-20 and the only time Perkins had a 20-20 with Dallas. It was also the first time a Mavs player had 20+ rebounds and the only time Perkins had 20+ rebounds with Dallas.
- 1989 Michael Jordan (Chi) had 41 points, the 32nd time a Mavs opponent had 40+ points and the first of three times Jordan had 40+ points against Dallas.
- 1990 Defeated the LA Lakers 112-97 in overtime in LA. Outscored the Lakers 23-8 in overtime, setting the team record for most points in an overtime.
- 1995 Placed Jamal Mashburn on IR with a sore left knee.
- 1995 Jason Kidd had 18 assists, the 21st time a Mavs player had 15+ assists and the third of 17 times Kidd had 15+ assists with Dallas.
- 1995 Shawn Kemp (Sea) had 22 rebounds, the 37th time a Mavs opponent had 20+ rebounds.
- 1995 George McCloud had 12 points in the overtime, setting the team record for points in overtime.
- 1997 Utah shot 23-53 FG, setting the opponent low for fewest field goals made and setting the NBA record low for fewest field goals attempted.
- 2000 Greg Buckner underwent surgery on his right ankle.
- 2003 With a road win, Dallas snapped a 13-year, 26-game losing streak against the Lakers in LA.
- 2003 Shawn Bradley did not play in the second half of the Lakers game due to back spasms. He missed the next eight games due to the injury.
- 2005 Activated Josh Howard and placed Rawle Marshall on IL. Howard had missed 14 days (eight games) due to a sprained right ankle. Marshall was activated two days (one game) later.
- 2005 Kobe Bryant (LAL) had 43 points, the 58th time a Mavs opponent had 40+ points and the second of five times Bryant had 40+ points against Dallas.
- 2007 Activated Jose Barea and Eddie Jones and placed Maurice Ager (no injury) and Devin Harris (stomach flu) on IL. Barea had been on IL for four days (two games) (no injury). Jones had been on IL for 27 days (15 games) with a high right ankle sprain. Ager would be activated 25 days (11 games) later. Harris would be activated two days (one game) later.
- 2012 Re-signed veteran forward Brian Cardinal.
- 2012 Agreed to terms with free agent guard Vince Carter, an eight-time NBA All-Star.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.