- 1981 Jay Vincent had 41 points, the second time a Mavs player had 40+ points and the first of two times Vincent had 40+ points with Dallas.
- 1982 Moses Malone (Phi) had a 20-20 with 32 points and 24 rebounds. It was the fifth time a Mavs opponent had a 20-20 and the fifth of five times Malone had a 20-20 against Dallas. It was the fifth time a Mavs opponent had 20+ rebounds and the fifth of six times Malone had 20+ rebounds against Dallas.
- 1987 Derek Harper had 15 assists, the 12th time a Mavs player had 15+ assists and the fifth of 10 times Harper had 15+ assists with Dallas.
- 1988 Derek Harper had 18 assists, the 15th time a Mavs player had 15+ assists and the seventh of 10 times Harper had 15+ assists with Dallas.
- 1989 28 Mavericks franchise and Reunion Arena records fall as Dallas loses 144-140 to Portland in Dallas' first triple-overtime game.
- 1989 Portland shot 57-121 FG, setting the opponent record for most field goals attempted.
- 1989 Derek Harper had 42 points, the 31st time a Mavs player had 40+ points and the only time Harper had 40+ points with Dallas.
- 1989 James Donaldson had 27 rebounds, the second most in team history. It was the first time a Mavs player had 25+ rebounds and the 13th of 13 times Donaldson had 20+ rebounds with Dallas.
- 1989 James Donaldson played a team record 58 minutes.
- 1990 Placed Fat Lever on IR with a right knee injury.
- 1990 Signed Kelvin Upshaw to a 10-day contract.
- 1992 Sacramento won 139-81, 58 points is the largest loss margin in team history.
- 1993 Released Darren Morningstar.
- 1997 Playing Hack-a-Rodman, the Mavs' Bubba Wells fouled out in a NBA record three minutes.
- 1997 Michael Jordan (Chi) had 41 points, the 45th time a Mavs opponent had 40+ points and the third of three times Jordan had 40+ points against Dallas.
- 1997 Dennis Rodman (Chi) had 27 rebounds, the seventh time a Mavs opponent had 25+ rebounds and the eighth of nine times Rodman had 20+ rebounds against Dallas.
- 1999 Activated Erick Strickland. Strickland had missed 28 days (13 games) with a sprained left shoulder.
- 2001 Activated Greg Buckner and Johnny Newman and placed Evan Eschmeyer (sprained left ankle) and Donnell Harvey (sprained right ankle) on IR. Buckner had missed 32 days (15 games) with a sore left knee. Newman had missed 14 days (six games) with left knee tendinitis. Eschmeyer was activated 59 days (22 games) later. Harvey was activated 17 days (eight games) later.
- 2001 Michael Finley did not play tonight against the Atlanta Hawks due to a strained left hamstring. It was the first regular season game in his career that he has missed, snapping his string of 490 consecutive games played (with Phoenix and Dallas) and 360 consecutive starts. 360 consecutive starts and 381 consecutive games played are the team records.
- 2001 With the win vs Atlanta, Don Nelson achieved his 1,000 career coaching win. Nelson joined Lenny Wilkens (then 1,242) and Pat Riley (then 1,054) as the only coaches in NBA history to reach the 1,000 milestone.
- 2005 Assigned Rawle Marshall to the Fort Worth Flyers of the NBADL. It was Dallas' first assignment in team history to the NBADL. Marshall would remain in the NBADL until 2/26/06.
- 2011 Jason Kidd went 1-3 from beyond the arc in tonight's loss to Oklahoma City but, with the lone trey, he moved past Derek Harper (705) and into fourth place on Dallas' all-time, 3-point field goals made list
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www/eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.