- 1986 Sleepy Floyd (GS) had 41 points, the 26th time a Mavs opponent had 40+ points and the 1st of 2 times Floyd had 40+ points against Dallas.
- 1994 David Robinson (SA) had 42 points, the 39th time a Mavs opponent had 40+ points and the 1st of 2 times Robinson had 40+ points against Dallas.
- 1995 The NBA disqualified Roy Tarpley for violating his terms of his aftercare agreement.
- 1999 Steve Nash received another cortisone injection in his sprained right ankle and had the ankle placed in a cast. He was out until 1/22/00 due to the injury.
- 1999 Suspended Leon Smith indefinitely.
- 2002 Eduardo Najera underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee. He would miss the next 29 games due to the surgery.
- 2002 Lead by 30 points in the 3rd quarter but collapsed as the Lakers won 105-103, the largest lead lost in team history.
- 2003 The NBA fined Don Nelson $7,500 for criticizing the refs. Nelson questioned how the refs would treat Danny Fortson following Fortson's flagrant foul and said that the refs still treat Eduardo Najera different as a result of Najera's inadvertent bump of a ref the previous season.
- 2004 The NBA named Dirk Nowitzki and Gilbert Arenas (Was) as Players of the Week. Nowitzki averaged 34.7 points and 12 rebounds as Dallas went 2-1.
- 2005 Indiana shot 23-67 FG, tying the opponent low for fewest field goals made.
- 2007 Activated Devean George and placed Maurice Ager (no injury) on IL. George had been on IL for 36 days (19 games) with a left foot stress reaction. Ager would be activated 2 days (1 game) later.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.