- 1981 Mark Aguirre broke a bone in his right foot in the fourth quarter of the Kansas game. He would miss the next 2 months (31 games) due to the injury.
- 1983 Gus Williams (Sea) had 20 assists, the first time a Mavs opponent had 20+ assists.
- 1987 Scored the first 17 points of the game, setting the team record for most consecutive points to open a game. Sacramento finally scored with 5:57 left in the first quarter.
- 1996 Activated Jamal Mashburn and placed Fred Roberts on IR with a sprained left elbow. Mashburn had missed 17 days (eight games) with a fractured right cheekbone. Roberts was activated 30 days (12 games) later.
- 2004 Activated Michael Finley and placed DJ Mbenga on IR with a strained right hamstring. Finley had missed 29 days (15 games) with a sprained right ankle. Mbenga was activated 37 days (13 games) later.
- 2006 Activated Jose Barea and Maurice Ager and placed Jerry Stackhouse (strained right groin) and Austin Croshere (strained left hamstring) on IL. Barea was on IL for 12 days (six games) (no injury). Ager was on IL for five days (three games) with a sprained right ankle. Stackhouse was activated seven days (four games) later. Croshere was activated four days (two games) later.
- 2011 First day of training camp for the Mavs and other NBA teams.
- 2011 Signed free agent forward Brandan Wright who had formerly played in Golden State and New Jersey.
- 2014 The Mavs went 18-of-35 from beyond the arc against Memphis, tying the franchise record for the most 3-pointers made in a regular season game.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.