- 1985 Mark Aguirre had 40 points, the 15th time a Mavs player had 40+ points and the 12th of 22 times Aguirre had 40+ points with Dallas.
- 1985 Isiah Thomas (Det) had 25 assists, the most by an opponent in team history and the second time a Mavs opponent had 20+ assists.
- 1989 Signed Anthony Jones for the rest of the season.
- 1989 Kurt Nimphius ties a then team record seven blocks at Detroit.
- 1992 Signed Brian Howard to a second 10-day contract.
- 1996 Signed David Wood to a second 10-day contract.
- 1996 Clyde Drexler (Hou) had a triple-double with 21 points, 14 rebounds, and 12 assists. It was the 30th time a Mavs opponent had a triple-double and the third of three times Drexler had a triple-double against Dallas.
- 1998 Indiana out-scored Dallas 34-24 in the 1st half. 24 points tied the team record for fewest points in a half. Dallas would go on to win the game 85-82 in two overtimes.
- 2000 Michael Finley had 11 points on 5-6 FG in 10 minutes in the All-Star game as the West defeated the East 137-126.
- 2004 Josh Howard (playing for the Rookie team) had 13 points including 6-10 FG and four assists in the Rookie-Sophomore game. The Sophomores blew the Rookies out 142-118.
- 2006 Activated Devin Harris and placed Josh Powell on IL. Harris had missed three days (one game) with a strained right shoulder. Powell was activated 12 days (four games) later.
- 2006 DeSagana Diop suffered a cut below his left eye during the 3rd quarter vs New York and received 5 stitches. He was able to return later in the game.
- 2007 Devean George suffered a sprained right MCL during the Milwaukee game. He would miss the next seven games due to the injury.
- 2008 Dallas and New Jersey reached a trade agreement involving Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, DeSagana Diop, Devean George, and Maurice Ager plus picks and cash for Jason Kidd and Malik Allen, but the trade fell through as George exercised his option to refuse the trade (as a veteran on a one-year contract). The non-injured Dallas players did play in Wednesday's game, but New Jersey did not play Kidd in their game as they thought the trade was going to occur. A different version of the trade would be completed 2/19/08 of Devin Harris, DeSagana Diop, Trenton Hassell, Maurice Ager, Keith Van Horn, 1st round draft picks, and cash for Jason Kidd, Malik Allen, and Antoine Wright.
- 2008 Activated Nick Fazekas and placed Jerry Stackhouse on IL with a strained right hamstring. Fazekas was recalled from the NBADL. Fazekas had been on IL for 91 days (44 games) (no injury). Stackhouse would be activated nine days (three games) later.
- 2010 Dallas traded Josh Howard, James Singleton, Drew Gooden and Quinton Ross to the Washington Wizards in exchange for Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson.
- 2012 Caron Butler was presented with his NBA Championship ring by coach Rick Carlisle and Mavs owner Mark Cuban prior to tonight's game against the Clippers. Butler joined the Clippers as a free agent during the offseason.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.