- 1982 The NBA named Jay Vincent as Player of the Week. Vincent averaged 32.3 points and 7.3 rebounds as Dallas went 2-1. It was the first time a Mav was ever named Player of the Week.
- 1984 Dallas' first-ever win over Julius Erving and the Philadelphia 76ers, 119-116 in 2OT.
- 1984 Mark Aguirre had 10 turnovers, tying the team record for most turnovers in a game.
- 1989 Traded Mark Aguirre to Detroit for Adrian Dantley and Detroit's first round draft pick in 1991. Dantley refused to come to Dallas for eight days.
- 1993 Signed Lamont Strothers to a second 10-day contract.
- 1997 Signed Erick Strickland to a 10-day contract.
- 1998 Stephon Marbury (Min) scored nine points in overtime, setting the opponent record for points in an overtime period.
- 2004 Dirk Nowitzki had two points on 1-3 FG, 1 assists, and 2 steals in 13 minutes in the All-Star game as the West defeated the East 136-132.
- 2007 Recalled Maurice Ager from the NBADL and activated him. Placed Devean George on IL with a sprained right MCL. Ager was on for 14 days (five games) (no injury). George was activated 19 days (seven games) later.
- 2012 The Mavericks were without guards Jason Terry (mild quad strain) and Rodrigue Beaubois (personal reasons) in their game against the Denver Nuggets.
- 2012 Corey Brewer was presented with his NBA Championship ring by coach Rick Carlisle and Mavericks owner Mark Cuban prior to the game agsinst Denver. Brewer was traded to the Nuggets during the offseason.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.