- 1991 The NBA suspended coach Richie Adubato for one game and fined him $1,500 for his conduct following Dallas' 100-94 loss at San Antonio on January 16.
- 1995 Shaquille O'Neal (Orl) had 42 points, the 42nd time a Mavs opponent had 40+ points and the second of four times O'Neal had 40+ points against Dallas.
- 1999 Reached a one-year contract agreement with Kurt Thomas. The new contract could not be signed until the new Collective Bargaining Agreement was signed and Thomas changed his mind (without telling Dallas) when New York made him a better offer and he signed with the Knicks three days later.
- 2000 Dirk Nowitzki and Hubert Davis were selected to participate in the NBA 3-Point shootout for the All-Star weekend.
- 2000 Signed Damon Jones to a second 10-day contract.
- 2005 With his first bucket of the Washington game, Dirk Nowitzki reached 10,000 career points. He became the fifth player to score 10,000 points as a Mav, joining Mark Aguirre, Rolando Blackman, Derek Harper, and Michael Finley with 10,000 Mav points.
- 2005 Gilbert Arenas (Was) had 43 points, the 54th time a Mavs opponent had 40+ points.
- 2005 Washington scored 80 points in the second half, setting a record for the most points scored by an opponent in a single half.