- 1981 Signed Stan Pietkiewicz to a 2nd 10-day contract.
- 1994 Lost their 19th straight home game, the longest home losing streak in team history.
- 1996 Popeye Jones had 20 rebounds, the 36th time a Mavs player had 20+ rebounds and the 7th of 8 times Jones had 20+ rebounds with Dallas.
- 1997 Latrell Sprewell (GS) had 46 points, the 44th time a Mavs opponent had 40+ points.
- 1999 Kurt Thomas reneged on his verbal agreement with Dallas and signed a 2 year, $3,675,000 contract with New York.
- 1999 Signed Ansu Sesay, Greg Buckner, and Ace Custis to non-guaranteed contracts. Only Sesay would make the opening day roster (and spent the entire season on IR).
- 1999 Signed 1st round draft pick Dirk Nowitzki to a 3-year, $4,749,240 contract with a 4th year worth $2,157,595 at the team's option.
- 1999 Dallas signed free agent Hot Rod Williams to a 3-year, $5,775,000 contract.
- 1999 Ansu Sesay suffered a broken right foot during practice. He would miss the entire season due to the injury.
- 2002 Greg Buckner suffered a strained left calf early in the New Jersey game. He would miss the next 8 games due to the injury.
- 2003 Houston had 8 assists, tying the opponent record low for fewest assists.