- 1986 George Gervin (Chi) had 45 points, the 23rd time a Mavs opponent had 40+ points and the third of three times Gervin had 40+ points against Dallas. He had 35 points in the first half, setting the opponent record for points in a half.
- 1988 James Donaldson was named to All-Star team by commissioner David Stern as an injury replacement.
- 1989 Defeated San Antonio 126-82, 44 points is the largest home win margin and third largest win margin in team history.
- 1989 Mark Aguirre scored his 10,000th point - the first Mav to reach 10,000 points
- 1990 Derek Harper became the first Mav with 1,000 steals.
- 1990 Hakeem Olajuwon (Hou) had a 20-20 with 32 points and 20 rebounds. It was the 15th time a Mavs opponent had a 20-20 and the fourth of five times Olajuwon had a 20-20 against Dallas. It was the 23rd time a Mavs opponent had 20+ rebounds and the fourth of five times Olajuwon had 20+ rebounds against Dallas.
- 1992 Signed Tracy Moore to a second 10-day contract.
- 1995 Placed Roy Tarpley on IR with tendinitis in his right knee.
- 1998 Dallas out-scored Cleveland 9-2 in overtime. Two points set the opponent low for fewest points in an overtime.
- 1999 Signed Cedric Ceballos to a one-year, $725,000 contract.
- 2000 The NBA announced the fines and suspensions from the 1/25/00 Dallas-Golden State game. Mark Davis (GS) was fined $7,500 and suspended for one game for picking up and throwing Shawn Bradley. Bradley was fined $3,000 for his involvement in the incident. Vonteego Cummings (GS) was fined $7,500 for his flagrant foul on Steve Nash. Gary Trent was fined $10,000 and suspended for one game for going into Golden State's locker room to verbally confront Cummings. Trent, who was on IR, served the suspension after he was activated.
- 2002 Don Nelson and his four bench assistants (Del Harris, Donnie Nelson, Sidney Moncrief, Charlie Parker) were selected as coaches for the West team in the NBA All-Star game. Dallas had the second best record at the cutoff date for selection of the All-Star coaches. Sacramento had the best record, but Rick Adelman coached the previous All-Star game and coaches can not coach All-Star games in consecutive years. It was first time the Mavs' coach would coach the All-Star game.
- 2004 Josh Howard was selected to participate in the Rookie Challenge game (rookies vs. sophomores) during All-Star weekend.
- 2004 Dirk Nowitzki had 43 points, the 46th time a Mavs player had 40+ points and the sixth of 12 times Nowitzki had 40+ points with Dallas.
- 2005 Josh Howard was selected to play for the Sophomore team and Devin Harris was selected to play for the Rookie team in the annual Sophomore-Rookie game to take place during All-Star Weekend.
- 2008 Devin Harris left the Denver game during the fourth quarter with a sprained left ankle. He would miss the next 10 games due to the injury (and was traded while injured).
- 2012 Vince Carter returned to the Mavs' lineup after missing the last five games with a sprained left foot.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.