- 1981 Signed Stan Pietkiewicz for the rest of the season.
- 1985 Mark Aguirre scored a then record 49 points, now the 5th most in team history. It was the 14th time a Mavs player had 40+ points and the 11th of 22 times Aguirre had 40+ points with Dallas.
- 1997 Suspended Chris Gatling for 1 game for insubordination. Gatling had walked out of practice after not playing at the end of the previous game (which Dallas won). Despite the suspension, Gatling was permitted to sit on the bench (in street clothes) the next game.
- 2000 Signed Damon Jones for the rest of the season.
- 2002 Dirk Nowitzki and Allen Iverson (Phi) were named as Players of the Week for the week ending January 27. Nowitzki averaged 29.5 points and 9.8 rebounds as Dallas went 4-0. Iverson averaged 37 points.
- 2004 Activated Eduardo Najera and placed Tony Delk on IR with a sprained left ankle. Najera had missed 26 days (15 games) with a sore left knee. Delk was activated 23 days (9 games) later.
- 2004 Tied the team record low with 24 rebounds.
- 2006 Activated Marquis Daniels and placed Devin Harris on IL with a strained right shoulder. Daniels had missed 22 days (11 games) with a strained neck. Harris was activated 3 days (1 game) later.
- 2008 Activated Maurice Ager and placed Devin Harris on IL with a bone bruise on his left ankle. Ager had been on IL for 19 days (9 games) (no injury). Harris remained on IL due to the injury until he was traded on 2/19/08 (22 days, 10 games later).
- 2010 Dirk Nowitzki was selected as a reserve for the 59th NBA All-Star Game. It was the ninth time Nowitzki has been named to the team.
- 2010 Dirk Nowitzki appeared in his 884th game as a Maverick passing Brad Davis for the most games played by a Mav in franchise history.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for her assistance with this section.