- 1987 Detlef Schrempf had a triple-double with 15 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists. It was the third time a Mavs player had a triple-double and the only time Schrempf had a triple-double with Dallas.
- 1987 Roy Tarpley had 20 rebounds, the ninth time a Mavs player had 20+ rebounds and the first of 13 times Tarpley had 20+ rebounds with Dallas.
- 1993 Dan Majerle (Pho) shot 8-14, 3-pointers, setting the opponent record for most 3-pointers made.
- 1995 Signed George McCloud to a 10-day contract.
- 1996 Jason Kidd had a triple-double with 21 points, 16 rebounds, and 16 assists. It was the 13th time a Mavs player had a triple-double and the ninth of 14 times Kidd had a triple-double with Dallas. It was also the 24th time a Mavs player had 15+ assists and the sixth of 17 times Kidd had 15+ assists with Dallas.
- 1998 Activated Bubba Wells and placed Robert Pack on IR with torn ligaments in his right thumb. Wells had missed 13 days (five games) with a sprained right big toe. Pack sat out the rest of the season with his injury.
- 1998 Samaki Walker was diagnosed with a stress fracture in his right foot. He would miss the rest of the season due to the injury.
- 2001 Michael Finley was named as a reserve for the All-Star game.
- 2004 Claimed Scott Williams from the waiver wire. Phoenix had released him two days prior.
- 2007 The NBADL named Jose Barea as Player of the Week for the week ending January 28. Barea averaged 31.5 points, 7.5 assists, and 6 rebounds as the Fort Worth Flyers went 3-1.
- 2007 Activated Maurice Ager and placed Josh Howard on IL. Howard was attending the birth of a child. Ager was on IL for nine days (four games) (no injury). Howard was activated four days (two games) later.
- 2014 Dirk Nowitzki was named to the NBA's Western Conference All-Star team for the 12th time in his career.
- 2015 Head Coach Rick Carlisle recorded his 600th career win as the Mavs defeat the Miami Heat 93-72. He became the 24th coach in NBA history to reach 600 career wins.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for her assistance with this section.