- 2000 Dallas assistant Scott Roth took an assistant coaching position with Vancouver. Roth has been a Dallas assistant for 3 seasons.
- 2000 Gary Trent opted-out of his contract and became a free agent. Dallas would re-sign him on August 1, 2000.
- 2002 Promoted Donnie Nelson from director of player personnel to president of basketball operations and gave him a raise to $1 million. The position was in addition to his assistant coaching duties. As a result, Nelson removed his name from consideration for the Denver coaching job.
- 2003 Signed assistant coach Del Harris to a new three-year contract. His previous contract had just expired.
- 2003 Evan Eschmeyer underwent surgery on both knees.
- 2004 Phoenix reached a five-year, $65 million agreement with a partially guaranteed 6th year with Dallas free agent Steve Nash. The Mavericks were given an opportunity to match the offer, but declined. Due to the July Moratorium, the deal would not be formally signed until July 14. Nash played the pervious six seasons with Dallas.
- 2006 Reached a six-year, $50 million contract agreement with Jason Terry. The contract would be formally signed July 25, 2006.
- 2006 Signed first round draft pick (#28) Maurice Ager to a four-year, $4,804,924 rookie contract with third and fourth years at the team's option.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.