- 1982 In the 1982 NBA draft, the Mavericks selected Bill Garnett in the first round and Corny Thompson in the third round.
- 1983 Traded the rights to second round draft pick (#33) Dirk Minniefield to New Jersey for a second round draft pick in 1986 and the option to swap 1987 second round draft picks.
- 1994 In the 1994 NBA draft, the Mavericks selected Jason Kidd and Tony Dumas, both in the first round.
- 1996 Traded Cherokee Parks to Minnesota for the removal of the #2-6 protection of the 1997 Minnesota draft pick that Dallas had acquired in the Sean Rooks trade of 11/2/94.
- 2001 Exercised their second year option for Eduardo Najera.
- 2005 Added undrafted players Keith Langford, Filberto Rivera, and Josh Powell to their summer league team. Powell would make the 2005-2006 roster.
- 2007 Devean George elected to opt-out of his contract and became a free agent.
- 2007 Owner Mark Cuban underwent surgery to replace his left hip.
- 2012 The Mavericks/Lamar Odom saga came to an end as Dallas shipped Odom to the Los Angeles Clippers as part of a four-team trade that saw the Mavs receive, in return, draft rights to Tadija Dragicevic from Utah and cash considerations from Houston.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.