- 1981 Jim Spanarkel received a watch during halftime of the home finale for being voted as the Most Popular Player in the Mavericks' innaugural season.
- 1981 Signed Brad Davis to a two-year contract extension. Davis' original contract was for just 1980-1981.
- 1998 Signed Shawn Respert to a 10-day contract. Due to all of Dallas' injuries, the Mavs had received permission from the league to carry 13 active players.
- 2001 Assistant coach Rolando Blackman suffered a torn left Achilles tendon while playing 3-on-3 during practice.
- 2007 Activated Maurice Ager and placed Pops Mensah-Bonsu on IL. Ager was on IL for two days (one game) (no injury). Mensah-Bonsu was activated 15 days (eight games) later.
- 2008 Activated Eddie Jones and placed Jamaal Magloire (no injury) on IL. Jones had been on IL for 27 days (13 games) with tendinitis left knee. Magloire would be activated three days (one game) later.
- 2008 Jason Kidd had 15 assists, the 41st time a Mavs player had 15+ assists and the 16th of 17 times Kidd had 15+ assists with Dallas.
- 2010 Rookie Rodrigue Beaubois scored 40 in the Mavs' 111-90 win over Golden State. Dallas is now the 7th team in the NBA in 2009-2010 to have a pair of teammates score 40 points in games this season (Nowitzki has three 40-point nights). No team has three players who have scored 40+. Beaubois also set a rookie franchise mark by connecting on nine 3FGs.
- 2012 Jason Kidd appeares in his 1,307th career regular-season game against the Houston Rockets, which moved him into a tie with Buck Williams for 10th place on the NBA's all-time list for games played.
- Thanks to Patricia Bender and her website (www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.