- (1980) The NBA informed Donald Carter, Norm Sonju, and Doug Adkins that Dallas had been granted an expansion franchise.
- (1987) James Donaldson had 20 rebounds, the 10th time a Mavs player had 20+ rebounds and the 7th of 13 times Donaldson had 20+ rebounds with Dallas.
- 1988 Magic Johnson (LAL) had a triple-double with 14 points, 10 rebounds, and 16 assists. It was the 15th time a Mavs opponent had a triple-double and the 5th of 7 times Johnson had a triple-double against Dallas.
- 1989 James Donaldson had a 20-20 with 20 points and 22 rebounds. It was the 7th time a Mavs player had a 20-20 and the 2nd of 2 times Donaldson had a 20-20 with Dallas. It was the 23rd time a Mavs player had 20+ rebounds and the 12 of 13 times Donaldson had 20+ rebounds with Dallas.
- 2000 Chris Webber (Sac) had a triple-double with 22 points, 10 rebounds, and 11 assists. It was the 38th time a Mavs opponent had a triple-double and the 1st of 3 times Webber had a triple-double against Dallas.
- 2004 Bruce Bowen (SA) was assessed a flagrant foul level 1 for his elbow to Michael Finley during the 3/5/03 Dallas-San Antonio game. No call was made on Bowen's elbow during the game and Finley was ejected with a flagrant foul level 2 on his retaliatory forearm shiver.
- 2006 Jason Terry went to Atlanta as his 9-year old niece died unexpectedly. Terry did not miss any games while tending to family matters.
- 2007 Activated Devean George and placed Maurice Ager on IL. George was on IL for 19 days (7 games) with a sprained right MCL. Ager was activated 8 days (3 games) later.
- 2007 With the win over New Jersey, Dallas officially clinced a spot in the 2007 NBA Playoffs.
- 2007 Won 23rd straight home game, longest home winning streak in team history.
- 2008 Activated Antoine Wright and placed Jamaal Magloire (no injury) and Tyronn Lue (strained calf) on IL. Wright had been on IL for 4 days (2 games) (no injury). Magloire would be activated 2 days (1 game) later. Lue would be activated 6 days (3 games)later.
- 2011 With his first steal (at the 4:09 mark of the fifrst quarter) against Memphis, Jason Kidd moved past Gary Payton (2,445) and into third place on the all-time steals list behind Michael Jordan (2,514) and John Stockton (3,265).
- 2011 Tonight's game against Memphis marked the Mavs' 1000th straight game with at least one 3-point basket. It continued the longest streak in NBA history.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with thie section.