- 1980 - The Dick Motta "Tiger Incident" - Dick Motta: "We were at Golden State in 1980, my first year here. They had a halftime act with a huge Bengal tiger and a monkey. The monkey would shoot basketballs and the tiger would go retrieve them. I watched the act for awhile and then I asked the trainer if she would do me a favor and let me borrow her tiger. I said, 'Is it a nice tiger?' and she said it was. I said, 'Will it bite me?' and she said no. I had her knock on the door when her act was over. We were still in the dressing room at halftime. She knocked on the door, and I reached out and got that tiger by its leash and collar and walked it in. The players all scattered. I said, 'If you guys don't start rebounding, I'm going to let this tiger eat.' At the time, the players didn't think it was funny. They didn't laugh. But it was funny. It was great." Dallas actually led 36-33 at halftime.
- 2002 - Released Derek Hood.
- 2003 - In the annual Blue-White scrimmage, the Blue Team defeated the White Team 65-52. For the Blue Team, Dirk Nowitzki had 12 points, Steve Nash had 11 points, Antawn Jamison had 11 points, Michael Finley had 10 points, Danny Fortson had 11 rebounds, and Antoine Walker had 9 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, and 6 turnovers. For the White Team Josh Howard had 17 points and Marquis Daniels had 17 points.
- 2012 - The Mavericks suspended guard Delonte West indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team.
- 2012 - Signed free agent center Eddy Curry.
- 2014 - In the final round of training camp cuts Dallas released two-year veteran center Bernard James and free agents Ivan Johnson and Doron Lamb.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.