- 1980 - Traded Richard Washington and Jerome Whitehead to Cleveland for Bill Robinzine, Atlanta's first round draft pick in 1983, and Cleveland's first round draft pick in 1986. Seven days after this trade, the NBA issued a directive prohibiting Cleveland (and new owner Ted Stepien) from making any more trades without league permission. Cleveland had traded five of their next six first round draft picks, with three of them going to Dallas. Whitehead, who was the player Cleveland wanted, was actually released November 17, 1980.
- 1981 - Switch to green road uniforms after wearing blue road uniforms in 1980-1981.
- 1983 - Jay Vincent suffered a torn muscle in his right calf and would miss the next five games due to the injury.
- 1987 - Released Dennis Nutt.
- 1991 - Released Jim Grandholm.
- 1996 - Placed Samaki Walker (strained right quadirceps and Greg Dreiling (hip and back injury) on IR. Walker was activated 13 days (six games) later and Dreiling was activated 23 days (10 games) later.
- 1997 - Released Reggie Freeman.
- 1997 - Placed Ace Custis (torn right ACL), Martin Muursepp (sprained right ankle), and Robert Pack (fractured right ring finger) on IR. Custis missed the entire season due to his injury. Muursepp was activated 25 days (12 games) later. Pack was activated 48 days (22 games) later.
- 2000 - Placed Gary Trent (strained left adductor muscle), Etan Thomas (turf toe), and Donnell Harvey (bruised elbow) on IR. Trent was activated 48 days (25 games) later. Harvey was activated 38 days (20 games) later. Thomas remained on IR until he was traded February 22, 2001.
- 2001 - Played first regular season game in the American Airlines Center.
- 2001 - Greg Buckner aggravated his sprained right ankle during the first quarter of the Detroit game and did not play the rest of the game. He would miss the next six games due to the injury.
- 2002 - Don Nelson and Donnie Nelson did not attend the Memphis game due to serving the first of a two game suspension. The two watched the game at a local Dave and Busters with about 1,500 fans at what the Mavs were calling "Serving time with the Nelsons" and the Nelsons were dressed in prison outfits.
- 2006 - Placed Maurice Ager, Jose Barea, and Pops Mensah-Bonsu on Inactive List (no injuries). Ager and Mensah-Bonsu was activated two days (no games) later. Barea was activated four days (one game) later.
- 2006 - DJ Mbenga suffered a left foot tendon strain during practice. He would be out until December 4, 2006 due to the injury.
- 2007 - Released DJ Mbenga.
- 2008 - Announced that the Dallas Mavericks were awarded the 2010 NBA All-Star Game.