- 1980 Finished 1980-1981 preseason with a record of 3-4.
- 1980 Brought in Tom Boerwinkle to teach the big men. He would return to Chicago two weeks later.
- 1990 Signed Steve Alford to a one-year contract.
- 1995 Signed Loren Meyer to a three-year contract.
- 1996 Signed Fred Roberts to a one-year contract.
- 1999 Signed Jason Sasser, Zendon Hamilton, Kevin Ollie, Anthony Miller, and Ben Davis to one-year, non-guaranteed contracts. All would be released before the season started.
- 1999 Greg Buckner underwent arthroscopic surgery to remove loose cartilage.
- 2002 Greg Dreiling (developmental coach) is underwent surgery to repair his torn left Achilles.
- 2004 Signed Derek Hood to a one-year, non-guaranteed contract. Hood would be released before the regular season started.
- 2007 In the annual preseason Blue-White scrimmage The White team defeated the Blue 48-46, with Jamal Sampson having the winning bucket with about 40 seconds left. The White Team consisted of Dirk Nowitzki (11 points), Jerry Stackhouse (10 points), Sampson (3 points, 6 rebounds), Jared Newson (2 points, 3 steals), Devin Harris (game high 15 points including 8-12 FT as he did drive to the basket a lot), Jose Barea (3 points), and Nick Fazekas (4 points, 7 rebounds). The Blue Team consisted of Brandon Bass (5 points, 9 rebounds), Josh Howard(8 points including 2-13 FG), DeSagana Diop (3 points, 9 rebounds), Jason Terry (14 points), Eddie Jones (7 points), Maurice Ager (5 points), and Darvin Ham (4 points). Stackhouse had the shot of the night when he nailed a 3/4 court shot at the halftime buzzer. Erick Dampier, DJ Mbenga, Devean George, and Trenton Hassell did not play.
Special thanks to Patricia Bender and her Mavericks website (www.eskimo.com/~pbender/mavs.html) for assistance with this section.